Hi

On 19 September 2017 at 19:25, Dima Pasechnik <dimp...@gmail.com> wrote:

Probably your gmp or mpir was not built correctly:
> Indeed:
>
> /usr/bin/ld: /srv/sage-8.0/local/lib/libgmp.a(fat_entry.o): relocation
> R_X86_64_32S against symbol `__gmpn_cpuvec' can not be used when making a
> shared object; recompile with -fPIC

mpir log attached. There is no gmp log.

This persists with SAGE_FAT_BINARY=no and rerunning make as well.

This occurs inside a libvirt/qemu virtual machine.
Someone else posted this error related to docker in July:
https://groups.google.com/d/msg/sage-devel/Jl071EqambM/yr4_RvjbBQAJ

When I build on the host OS, also Debian 9 it compiles OK.

Regards,
Jan

--
  .~.