{{{
sage: L.<a> = CyclotomicField(5)
sage: OL= L.ring_of_integers()
sage: OL
Maximal Order in Cyclotomic Field of order 5 and degree 4
sage: M=Matrix(OL,2,[1-a,0,a,1+a])
sage: a.parent()
Cyclotomic Field of order 5 and degree 4
sage: a*M
TypeError: unsupported operand parent(s) for *: 'Cyclotomic Field of order
5 and degree 4' and 'Full MatrixSpace of 2 by 2 dense matrices over Maximal
Order in Cyclotomic Field of order 5 and degree 4'
sage: M=Matrix(L,2,[1-a,0,a,1+a])
sage: a*M
[-a^2 + a        0]
[     a^2  a^2 + a]