Hi Travis,

On 2017-10-30, Travis Scrimshaw <tsc...@ucdavis.edu> wrote:
> My first question is that the method _strassen_default_echelon_cutoff seems
> to return -1 and never be overwritten. This means that by default, the
> echelonize will always use the classical in-place, making having a default
> algorithm that automatically chosen a la XKCD. Does anyone use this? Should
> we keep it, actually make it work, or get rid of the entire thing?

If I recall correctly (though I didn't look it up) I use the infrastructure
for Strassen multiplication in matrix_gfpn_dense. I am not sure, though.
it could be that the choice of multiplication algorithm is ultimately done
in the backend (i.e., MeatAxe, in the case of matrix_gfpn_dense).

Best regards,
Simon