Thanks for the suggestion. That might be the case but if I run
"/usr/bin/time -v sage error.py" then I get

Command exited with non-zero status 1
Command being timed: "sage error.py"
User time (seconds): 2.22
System time (seconds): 0.67
Percent of CPU this job got: 86%
Elapsed (wall clock) time (h:mm:ss or m:ss): 0:03.35
Average shared text size (kbytes): 0
Average unshared data size (kbytes): 0
Average stack size (kbytes): 0
Average total size (kbytes): 0
Maximum resident set size (kbytes): 200116
Average resident set size (kbytes): 0
Major (requiring I/O) page faults: 0
Minor (reclaiming a frame) page faults: 81745
Voluntary context switches: 7875
Involuntary context switches: 191
Swaps: 0
File system inputs: 22
File system outputs: 4
Socket messages sent: 0
Socket messages received: 0
Signals delivered: 0
Page size (bytes): 4096
Exit status: 1

So it appears to be using ~200 MB of the 1000 MB shared RAM memory limit.
Is there a better way to determine the resources being used / if I am
hitting this limit?