On Fri, Dec 8, 2017 at 11:35 AM, Jori Mäntysalo <jori.mantys...@uta.fi> wrote:
> On Fri, 8 Dec 2017, Maarten Derickx wrote:
>
>> Maybe not a direct answer to your question. But if you plan on setting up
>> an ldap authenticated sage
>> server these days and you are planning on actually maintaining it for some
>> time in the future, I
>> would not go the SageNB way, since SageNB is not really being actively
>> developed anymore.
>

> I know. But there is still no notebook sharing in other choises, and that is
> what are used here for teaching.

CoCalc has a completely new server for notebook sharing, which we just
wrote in the last month.

https://cocalc.com/share/

It even renders all mathjax, syntax highlighting, etc., on the backend
server, so makes very lightweight requirements on the client.
It's also vastly more efficient and lightweight for displaying jupyter
notebooks than any other option available...

> Of course offloading interface coding is the Right Thing(tm) to do. William
> just made too good work with SageNB at the beginning, it's hard for other to
> implement it all. :=)

I've been working on interface coding fulltime most of the last 5 years.

--
William (http://wstein.org)