On 2018-01-10 08:44, Ralf Stephan wrote:
I would like to
experiment with a new procedure for refactoring tickets that aims to
make reviewing them much easier, which will be needed for larger
refactorings that touch a lot of files.

I like the idea of using tools to automate refactoring.

***However***, that tool won't solve the issue of merge conflicts. So, I strongly believe that the existence of such a tool should not be an excuse to have more big patches. One should still try hard to avoid large refactoring patch bombs. So I think that this would only apply to a very small set of tickets (say, 1 per year) where there is an obvious need.