On Wednesday, January 17, 2018 at 12:25:06 PM UTC-6, Jori Mäntysalo wrote:

> On Wed, 17 Jan 2018, Travis Scrimshaw wrote:
>
> > It might be better to do the plot() instead as that returns a graphics
> object, and I believe is
> > faster (but I have no quantitative evidence of this).
>
> I don't think so. There is no real canvas where show() could draw in test
> mode, so the time should be exactly the same as plot(). And then, is even
> plot() usefull as an example?
>
> I don't think plot, unlike show, actually goes through and does the
rendering of the image and discards the result. However, I could be wrong
about this. However, the output of the plot should be something that says
how many graphics objects, which generally should not change. So I feel
this is a better test because it is likely to catch changes to the image
that should not necessarily happen.

Best,
Travis