You might also check your available disk space : a Sage tree us huge. On
Debian, it is a bit more than 8 GB, IIRC ; on Cygwin cygwin's du says it is
9.3 GB, whereas Windows explorer says it is 8.33 GB (using 8.72 GB on disk).

Similarly, check the number of available inodes.

HTH,

--
Emmanuel Charpentier