On Tue, Mar 13, 2018 at 2:02 PM, Jeroen Demeyer <j.deme...@ugent.be> wrote:
> On 2018-03-13 12:00, Nils Bruin wrote:
>>
>> you'd be making life harder for the memory cache of the processor.
>

> IMHO, if you worry about that, you shouldn't be writing Python.

While I definitely agree with that statement 100% in principle, when
it comes to writing the Python interpreter itself that is a valid
concern. And while we're not doing that, we are working at a level
much closer to the interpreter (and much closer to the machine) than
most people writing pure Python code, and we really are in a position
to think about things like efficient cache use.

But I also believe that with most performance concerns, the one
bringing the concern has the burden of proof--that is, to demonstrate
that one particular area of code has noticeable effects on the
efficiency of some other code--before taking any drastic actions to
improve the situation :)