> On 2/04/2018, at 16:27, John H Palmieri <jhpalmier...@gmail.com> wrote:
>

> On Sunday, April 1, 2018 at 1:16:57 PM UTC-7, François Bissey wrote:
>

> > On 2/04/2018, at 03:48, John H Palmieri <jhpalm...@gmail.com> wrote:
> >

> > On Sunday, April 1, 2018 at 2:06:37 AM UTC-7, Volker Braun wrote:
> > On Sunday, April 1, 2018 at 9:01:17 AM UTC+2, Dima Pasechnik wrote:
> > - when I do an incremental upgrade, I do not see these failures.
> > - when I do 'make distclean; make ptestlong', I see them (with
> > 8.2.beta8 or later; I haven't checked earlier versions).
> >
> >  Is it the other way round? Surely it should work with  "make distclean;
> > make ptestlong"?
> >

> > It is not the other way around: failures when building from scratch, no
> > failures when upgrading.
> >

> I (painfully) checked on my old laptop and I get this stuff when
> building from scratch too. So we have some kind of new mis-compilation
> with clang.
>
> François
>
> You made a guess in email that it was Singular. Suggestions for how to test
> this?

Based on the libraries apparently involved. But looking at the chain of
calls, i would be more inlined to suspect something in sage itself. Either
in the glue to singular or in the coercion framework.
But that’s speculative, I have no real ideas. Does anyone know if that breaks
8.1 as well? If not, we may be able to bisect something.

François