On Thursday, April 12, 2018 at 10:44:31 AM UTC+1, Volker Braun wrote:

> On Thursday, April 12, 2018 at 10:13:50 AM UTC+2, François Bissey wrote:
>>
>> In the last 24hours Dima found the problem and we have a fix so there may
>> still be a chance
>> of 8.2 using clang out of the box.
>

> IMHO the safe bet is to use gcc in 8.2 (as it was in 8.1) instead of
> last-minute experiments (how many different macs did you test this on?)

The fact that gcc is not miscompiled by the new Xcode is also sort of
last-minute, isn't it?

And just for the time for 8.3 we will get Xcode 6.4 (it already exists in
beta), and so the work we did in the past 1.5 years porting Sage to native
Xcode will never see the light of the day, right?

IMHO it's OK if the release takes a day or two more, really...