I had not typed that. In general if something was not explicitly said then
I didn't do it, because while I can develop for Sage I'm not good enough
with the guts of a computer to know to do anything extra.

Anyway, after make distclean, I couldn't build gcc-7.2.0, which at the very
beginning wouldn't build but when I installed the latest command line tools
I could. So that feels like a step back... A lot fewer packages built this
time than last time. I cannot attach the log because for some reason it's
13MB (??) but it seems that the problem is:

/Users/vincent/Applications/sage-8.2.rc4/local/var/tmp/sage/build/gcc-7.2.0/src/libstdc++-v3/include/precompiled/stdc++.h:118:10:

fatal error: unordered_set: No such file or directory
 #include <unordered_set>