On Wed, May 9, 2018 at 7:08 PM, John H Palmieri <jhpalmier...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Wednesday, May 9, 2018 at 9:20:32 AM UTC-7, Dima Pasechnik wrote:

>>> excuses you can use:
>>> "See commit history on GitHub for more details."
>>

>> "Just google the details" is the best, IMHO.
>>

>>> Ahem.
>

> At the risk of stating the obvious: kcrisman is pointing out that Sage
> developers actually use "See commit history ... for more details", and not
> infrequently. I don't think we use "Just google the details", or at least I
> don't remember seeing it.

Yes--I have in the past suggested we use either Town Crier, or some
custom-made thing using a field in Trac tickets to generate an actual
readable changelog for Sage, but have been met with mysterious
resistance.  I'm so glad I don't have to do any work integrating Sage
as I would with, say, a library, or not having a real changelog would
be making me pull my hair out.