On 2018-05-17 15:29, Daniel Krenn wrote:
On 2018-05-17 15:13, Jeroen Demeyer wrote:
Is libgfortran.so installed
somewhere on your system?

I did not find this file anywhere.

There's your problem. On my Gentoo system, this file lives in
/usr/lib/gcc/x86_64-pc-linux-gnu/6.4.0/libgfortran.so

Why is it not installed? Can you reinstall your system gfortran and see if that helps? If that doesn't help, I'd say that it's a problem with your distro.

You can always force installation of Sage's gfortran with ./sage -i gfortran