On Fri, Jul 13, 2018 at 8:22 AM Odile <o...@fluidinfo.fr> wrote:

> Le Thu, 12 Jul 2018 16:26:27 +0200,
> Erik Bray <erik.m.b...@gmail.com> a écrit :
>

> > Well here's certainly something interesting from the ppl config.log:
> >
> > 2837 config.lt:681: creating libtool
> > 2838 configure:21701: checking for the GMP library version 4.1.3 or above
> > 2839 configure:21790: ./libtool --mode=link --tag=CXX g++ -o conftest
> > -g -O2 -frounding-math  -I/home/odile/prj/sage2/local/include
> > -I/home/odile/prj/sage2/local/include
> > -L/home/odile/prj/sage2/local/lib
> > -Wl,-rpath,/home/odile/prj/sage2/local/lib  conftest.cpp
> > -L/home/odile/prj/sage2/local/lib -lgmpxx -lgmp >&5
> > 2840 libtool: link: g++ -o conftest -g -O2 -frounding-math
> > -I/home/odile/prj/sage2/local/include
> > -I/home/odile/prj/sage2/local/include      -Wl,-rpath
> > -Wl,/home/odile/prj/sage2/local/lib conftest.cpp
> > -L/home/odile/prj/sage2/local/lib -lgmpxx -lgmp
> > 2841 configure:21790: $? = 0
> > 2842 configure:21790: ./conftest
> > 2843 ./configure: line 2318:  5834 Illegal instruction
> > ./conftest$ac_exeext
> > 2844 configure:21790: $? = 132
> > 2845 configure: program exited with status 132
> >

> > Hmm--a bug in MPIR with your CPU perhaps?  What CPU model/architecture is
> > it?
> >

> $ cat /proc/cpuinfo
> processor       : 0
> vendor_id       : GenuineIntel
> cpu family      : 6
> model           : 60
> model name      : Intel(R) Pentium(R) CPU G3240 @ 3.10GHz
> stepping        : 3
> microcode       : 0x19
> cpu MHz         : 2092.922
> cache size      : 3072 KB
> physical id     : 0
> siblings        : 2
> core id         : 0
> cpu cores       : 2
> apicid          : 0
> initial apicid  : 0
> fpu             : yes
> fpu_exception   : yes
> cpuid level     : 13
> wp              : yes
> flags           : fpu vme de pse tsc msr pae mce cx8 apic sep mtrr pge mca
> cmov pat pse36 clflush dts acpi mmx fxsr sse sse2 ss ht tm pbe syscall nx
> pdpe1gb rdtscp lm constant_tsc arch_perfmon pebs bts rep_good nopl xtopology
> nonstop_tsc cpuid aperfmperf pni pclmulqdq dtes64 monitor ds_cpl vmx est tm2
> ssse3 sdbg cx16 xtpr pdcm pcid sse4_1 sse4_2 movbe popcnt xsave rdrand
> lahf_lm abm cpuid_fault invpcid_single pti tpr_shadow vnmi flexpriority ept
> vpid fsgsbase tsc_adjust erms invpcid xsaveopt dtherm arat pln pts
> bugs            : cpu_meltdown spectre_v1 spectre_v2 spec_store_bypass
> bogomips        : 6186.01
> clflush size    : 64
> cache_alignment : 64
> address sizes   : 39 bits physical, 48 bits virtual
> power management:

Bill Hart would have the expertise here, but I believe you may be
affected by this rare issue: https://github.com/wbhart/mpir/issues/209

As a simple workaround, you could try for now building with
--enable-fat for MPIR, which builds a more machine-generic MPIR by
running:

    SAGE_FAT_BINARY=yes ./sage -f mpir

Then, once MPIR has been re-built, run:

    make build

again.  I don't think you necessarily need to keep SAGE_FAT_BINARY on,
but you might try it just in case.