I still think that there is something odd going on.  I do not understand
the following:

def check(n):
    while True:
        for P in Posets(n):
            Q = P.with_bounds()
            x = Q.moebius_function(Q.bottom(), Q.top())
        print get_memory_usage()

sage: check(4)
4257.41796875
4257.546875
4257.546875
4257.546875
4257.546875
^C---------------------------------------------------------------------------
KeyboardInterrupt                         Traceback (most recent call last)

sage: check(5)
4263.09375
4263.22265625
4263.22265625
4262.8515625
4262.8515625
4262.8515625
4262.8515625
^C---------------------------------------------------------------------------
KeyboardInterrupt                         Traceback (most recent call last)
sage: check(6)
4270.2421875
4271.515625
4271.515625
4271.515625
4271.64453125
4271.64453125
4271.64453125
4271.64453125
^C---------------------------------------------------------------------------
KeyboardInterrupt                         Traceback (most recent call last)
sage: check(7)
4293.3984375
4298.43359375
4302.9453125