Am Sonntag, 27. Januar 2019 14:32:16 UTC+1 schrieb Simon King:

> > *STATEMENT *: I would to advocate that **every developer switch to
> python3
> > NOW**.
>
> How?

Git worktrees would be a solution. Essentially you keep one git repository,
but check out two branches at the same time in different directories. From
your main repo do this:

$ git worktree add /path/to/the/new/checkout branch-to-checkout

You'll keep your python2 checkout and the new directory will be part of the
same repo. That means that remotes are set up as before and you have access
to the same branches. You can also create a new branch and immediately
create a worktree for that:

$ git worktree add -b my-feature-branch /path/to/the/new/checkout
branch-to-checkout