Le 29/01/2019 à 10:50, Dima Pasechnik a écrit :
On Tue, Jan 29, 2019 at 8:40 AM Jeroen Demeyer <j.deme...@ugent.be> wrote:

On 2019-01-29 09:32, Vincent Delecroix wrote:
1) When a user performs `sage -pip install X`, should the documentation
      be compiled and installed?

I'm pretty sure that the answer is "no" for most Python packages. I see
two reasons for this:

- there is no easy and obvious way to integrate this in setup.py
- it adds extra dependencies (on Sphinx for example) unrelated to the
actual functionality of the package

If the package at hand is a Sage component with Sphinx docs available,
they ought to be installed in SAGE_SHARE/doc/
(and linked to the main docs using intersphinx or something like that
- something we must work on to fix, I think)

This is not exactly the situation which I asked about (a random user
wrote a Python package that is neither optional nor standard nor
whatever from the SageMath viewpoint). I agree that for standard,
optional or experimental packages the documentation must be properly
built and installed in the SAGE_SHARE tree.

However this situation is simpler as a "sage -pip install" because there
is the spkg-install script.

We now have there e.g. sagenb and sagetex, I don't know what happened
to cysignals and cypari docs, it seems
that this should be fixed, and docs for them installed locally (and linked)

Agreed!

Without this done, also doc.sagemath.org gets filled with broken
links, another important reason to have this all there
and aligned