Hi,

On Tue, Jan 29, 2019 at 09:32:58AM +0100, Vincent Delecroix wrote:
> Dear all,
>
> Imagine I have a Python module, typically hosted on PyPI and depending
> on SageMath, that provides documentation in some form (e.g. a pdf file,
> a sphinx repo, etc).
>
> 1) When a user performs `sage -pip install X`, should the documentation
>    be compiled and installed?

I would say that:

    sage -pip blah

should behave the same as:

    sage -sh
    pip blah

whatever blah is, so as to behave like the others:

    sage -famous_program

Perhaps could we have some dedicated "clever":

        sage -install blah

that parses blah to see whether it is an spkg name, it has to pip
install it, to git clone it and search for some Makefile, and so on, and
with nicest defaults as possible (like installing the doc if it exists).

Ciao,
Thierry