Does someone have a glue why

  sage: T = PolynomialRing(QQ, 't', 1); t = T.gen()
  sage: t * vector([1,2])

results in an error

  TypeError: unsupported operand parent(s) for *: 'Multivariate
  Polynomial Ring in t over Rational Field' and 'Ambient free module of
  rank 2 over the principal ideal domain Integer Ring'

but

  sage: S = PolynomialRing(QQ, 's', 2); s0 = S.gen()
  sage: s0 * vector([1,2])
  (s0, 2*s0)

not? I mean both are multivariate polynomial rings, so I do not see why
there is a distinction.

I tried to debug, but I am a bit lost on this particalar problem, so any
kind of input is welcome.

This can also be found at https://trac.sagemath.org/ticket/27364

Best,

Daniel