I'm currently working on getting ticket 28252
<https://trac.sagemath.org/ticket/28252> fixed up for the current developer
branch, and I wanted to ask, what's the preferred method to rebase a very
old ticket?  This was a project from Sage Days 99 in Minneapolis last
summer, so it currently is based on version 8.9.beta3 and is quite old.

It's not a huge diff (just implements a couple of methods and adds relevant
literature references), so I was thinking it might make sense to make an
entirely new ticket and just copy the revisions to the relevant places in
the up-to-date codebase.  Let me know if there's a better approach I should
use.

Thanks,
Bryan