Update: I found a solution and documented it here:

https://gitlab.com/volkerweissmann/cygdb_installation

On 3/27/20 6:47 PM, Volker Weißmann wrote:
Hello,

let's say you are trying to figure out how sage's diff-function work. Maybe you write something like

#!/usr/bin/env sage
fromsage.all import*
u =var('u')
breakpoint()
diff(sin(u),u)

and run it with ./filename.py . Once the breakpoint is encountered, you can use step to step into the diff function and place breakpoints with break filename:linenumber in sage's python code. I'm using this a lot and it works fine. Problems arise, once you try to debug cython code. Neither stepping nor placing breakpoints in the *.pyx file works. I also tried https://trac.sagemath.org/ticket/13881, but this also works rather poorly.

How do you guys usually debug sage's cython code?
--
You received this message because you are subscribed to a topic in the Google Groups "sage-devel" group. To unsubscribe from this topic, visit https://groups.google.com/d/topic/sage-devel/urbT-SzNkuQ/unsubscribe. To unsubscribe from this group and all its topics, send an email to sage-devel+unsubscr...@googlegroups.com <mailto:sage-devel+unsubscr...@googlegroups.com>. To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/sage-devel/c7d0c707-60ab-4970-8f27-1c31a868501b%40googlegroups.com <https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/sage-devel/c7d0c707-60ab-4970-8f27-1c31a868501b%40googlegroups.com?utm_medium=email&utm_source=footer>.