Enrique, you are right, that doesn't come from the interface, but directely
from Singular. Above, I took the wrong ordering. Here the correction:

sage: R.<x,y>=PolynomialRing(QQ,order='neglex')
sage: R._singular_init_()
polynomial ring, over a field, local ordering
// coefficients: QQ
// number of vars : 2
//        block   1 : ordering ls
//                  : names    x y
//        block   2 : ordering C

                     SINGULAR                                 /  Development
 A Computer Algebra System for Polynomial Computations       /   version 4.1
.1
                                                           0<
 by: W. Decker, G.-M. Greuel, G. Pfister, H. Schoenemann     \   Feb 2018
FB Mathematik der Universitaet, D-67653 Kaiserslautern        \
> ring r = 0,(x, y),ls;
> poly f,g = 1+x, x^2;
> ideal I = (g);
> reduce(f,I);
1

BTW: The ticket you mentioned doesn't seem to adress that problem properly.
The example which Simon inserted is now working. Therefore the ticket just
consists of a doctest for that (I guess that has been made on the Sage Days
in Zaragozza). The only reason that it isn't closed has been a merge
confict, which has disappeared in the meantime.