On Tue, Apr 14, 2020 at 12:25 AM Darij Grinberg <darijgrinb...@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Mon, Apr 13, 2020 at 2:31 PM Dima Pasechnik <dimp...@gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> > On Mon, Apr 13, 2020 at 7:40 PM Darij Grinberg <darijgrinb...@gmail.com>
> > wrote:
> > >
> > > Trying to build sage 9.1.rc0 on a freshly updated cygwin, I'm getting
> > > this:
> >
> > after a Cygwin update one has to
> >
> > make distclean
> >
> > Have you done this?
> > If yes, and still getting this error, please post here
> > /home/skraeling/sage/local/var/tmp/sage/build/ecm-7.0.4.p1/src/config.log
>
> Yes, I distcleaned. Attaching the log here.

Thanks. Perhaps, indeed, something was not installed/updated correctly?

As far as I know, you need to (re)install
Cygwin package libgmp-devel - it will pull in all the deps we need:
https://cygwin.com/packages/summary/libgmp-devel.html

I believe there were tests done of 9.1.rc0 on Cygwin, and it worked at
least to the point it built ecm.

Dima