I have similar issues on osx.

I installed several packages using brew. Some of them are recognized, but
not some others.
I suspect that I'm missing some dependencies, and possibly some environment
variables.

For instance, I installed amp, mpfr, mpir, ntl and flint, and flint is the
only one not accepted. Why ?

I have also an issue with readline. I'm unable to tell sage that it has
been installed with brew :(

Any advise is more than welcome.
Best,
David.

Checking whether SageMath should install SPKG mpfr...

checking installing gmp/mpir? ... no

checking mpfr.h usability... yes

checking mpfr.h presence... yes

checking for mpfr.h... yes

checking for library containing mpfr_free_pool... -lmpfr

configure: will use system package and not install SPKG mpfr

using mpfr library from the system

Checking whether SageMath should install SPKG ntl...

checking installing gmp/mpir? ... no

checking NTL/ZZ.h usability... yes

checking NTL/ZZ.h presence... yes

checking for NTL/ZZ.h... yes

checking whether we can link a program using NTL... yes

checking NTL version >= 10.3... 11.4.3

configure: will use system package and not install SPKG ntl

using ntl library from the system

Checking whether SageMath should install SPKG flint...

checking installing mpfr or ntl? ... checking flint/flint.h usability... yes

checking flint/flint.h presence... yes

checking for flint/flint.h... yes

checking for library containing fmpz_mat_is_hadamard... -lflint

checking for library containing fmpz_poly_get_ZZX... no

configure: no suitable system package found for SPKG flint

using Sage's flint SPKG