Thanks for your reply Travis.

Here are different computations compared, which take milliseonds up to
seconds: https://orbilu.uni.lu/bitstream/10993/21949/2/ChernLib.pdf

In contrast, doing a similar computation with the same polynomials using
`SymmetricFunctions` takes hours.

However, I think this is a special case they consider, which makes the
computation probably faster.

Kind regards
Michael