Hello,

The question is : what sort of problem do you want to solve ? with what
method ?

Is this a pure Newton-(Raphson) method?

A) If yes:
 1) If you compute in RDF floats (that is: your machine floating points
  numbers, aka "double" in C), the best you have to do is to use the
scipy implementation, and hope (like always with Newton method) that it
will converge. It will also be slow, because the F and DF functions will
be coded in pure python (maybe, this will not be a problem if you want
to solve small problems). I think there is no need to add a new method
for RDF. May be creating an optimized method (using cython ?) could be
interesting.

See:
https://docs.scipy.org/doc/scipy/reference/generated/scipy.optimize.newton.html
for the scipy implementation.

 2) If you want to compute in an other set of numbers, there is nothing
(as far as I know) in Sage. For example, the Newton method can be
implemented un interval arithmetic (RealIntervalField or RealBallField).
But implementing something a bit generic is certainly not so easy.

B) If no:
That is to say you are interested by implementing a generalized Newton,
or quasi Newton method, something like that...
These methods are very specialized, and I am not sure it will be an
useful tool. But I can be wrong.

Yours,

Thierry.