John H Palmieri wrote:
On Tuesday, May 27, 2014 4:09:11 AM UTC-7, leif wrote:
    P Purkayastha wrote:
     > Just use "sage --upgrade"

    Yes, that's what ordinary users should use (and developers /pulling/ a
    new [devel] version, instead of 'git pull ... && make').

I just tried this: I was up to 6.3.beta1 and ran "sage --upgrade". It
said "Upgrading to the latest development version" and then "Already
up-to-date." So it didn't upgrade me to 6.3.beta2. I must be missing
something.

Hmmm, last time I tried (with some 6.2.beta to another or some rc) it worked for me, and IIRC I also tried upgrading from final to final (6.1.1 to 6.2) which worked, too. (At least I don't recall any failures with 'sage --upgrade'.)

-leif

--
() The ASCII Ribbon Campaign
/\   Help Cure HTML E-Mail