Hi Volker,

On 2015-04-07, Volker Braun <vbraun.n...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Did you compile Sage after installing openssl-devel? Python must build the
> ssl module. Does "import ssl" work?

No, "import ssl" in sage-python fails with ImportError: No module named
_ssl" (note the underscore).

What I did (without success) was "make start". So, I take it that "make
start" would not recognise the presence of openssl-devel, so that I need
to rebuild sage-python by "./sage -f python", and then do "make start"
again.

Best regards,
Simon