On Thu, Apr 23, 2015 at 9:47 PM, Emmanuel Charpentier
<emanuel.charpent...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Since (one of the) purpose(s) of a DOI is to enhance reproductibility ...

So, just two tiny comments by me:

1. There are hashsums inside the sage release for the standard
packages, which are part of the git repository and hence the "root
hash" of all this does indeed reference content based hash references
to those packages. Therefore, the reproducibility is in some sense
given …  it's just that all those packages are maybe not available.
(Put differently: it's not the case that just arbitrary packages are
pulled when compiling Sage from that release)

2. I don't know much about this zenodo service, but I'm wondering if
there are somewhere hashsums for the zip files available, or even
better: a cryptographic signature for the hash of this. For me, it
looks like as if the zip-file they serve can change at any time and
there is no way to see this.

In any case, yes, I think it's a nice service to have SageMath listed
there and there are also those "community aspects" when scientific
data and tools are pulled together in a service.

-- harald