I can't say now as I have 15.04. To get sage-6.9 rc2 I got the zip on the git sage-develop. I tried sage.git (version 6.8 apparently) before but I couldn't compiled it because an error. After compiling sage-develop
I did in the repertory
./bootstrap
./configure
make -j9
After about 2 hours I had a running sage-6.9rc2 and sage --notebook=ipython works, (but I can't get latex just a table with latex command) sage -notebook work perfectly and I installed sm-install.sh which runs very good (even latex this way). As I use texmacs I move it in /usr/share/sage with a link. By the way I always keep the sage-6.8 from ppa, but doesn't work always asking for ssl. I haven't been able to remake it ./sage -f python2 or python or python3, never works ?
But before I was on 14.04 but never got it working either !
Henri