Le vendredi 19 août 2016 23:00:10 UTC+2, vdelecroix a écrit :

> Hi Eric,
>
> I guess it comes from #19213 (that assumes that pip is installed).

Thank you Vincent! I've installed the Ubuntu package python-pip and run
make again: the build was successfull. I've got some message though:

[sagelib-7.4.beta1] make[3] : on entre dans le répertoire
« /home/eric/sage/beta1/src »
[sagelib-7.4.beta1] python -u setup.py install
[sagelib-7.4.beta1] Traceback (most recent call last):
[sagelib-7.4.beta1]   File "/usr/bin/pip", line 9, in <module>
[sagelib-7.4.beta1]     from pip import main
[sagelib-7.4.beta1] ImportError: No module named pip

but it did not halt the compilation and the built sage seems to work fine.

Should python-pip be added to the prerequisites list
http://doc.sagemath.org/html/en/installation/source.html#prerequisites
?

Best regards,

Eric.