On 23/11/16 11:24, Dima Pasechnik wrote:
1) In the Xcode for OSX 10.12, there is no more openssl. It used to be
in some obscure directory, see
build/pkgs/python2/spkg-install, the line

cp -rp
"${xcode}"/Toolchains/XcodeDefault.xctoolchain/usr/lib/swift-migrator/sdk/MacOSX.sdk/usr/include/openssl

Such a path is no longer there, there still is
"${xcode}"/Toolchains/XcodeDefault.xctoolchain/usr/lib/swift-migrator/sdks
(notice extra 's' at the end), but no openssl there.

That is, python that is built does not have a properly working ssl
support, with all the

resulting problems. A workaround is to install openssl and rebuild python.

2) Another problem I saw is when building Singular 4.0.3, one ends up

with

|... CXXLD syzextra.la Making all in pyobject CXX pyobject_la-pyobject.lo
g++: error: unrecognized command line option '-Wshorten-64-to-32'
make[10]: *** [pyobject_la-pyobject.lo] Error 1 make[9]: ***
[all-recursive] Error 1|

That is probably to blame on python built with clang, as is done on OSX
since https://trac.sagemath.org/ticket/21567
 so this flag somehow 'infects' python ???
(although this might be a red herring, as this was from an attempt to
build a binary distribution, see
https://github.com/sagemath/binary-pkg/issues/8)

So we are building the python plugin of singular by default?
I didn't realize that. It probably would be fixed by compiling
all of sage with clang/clang++ but I hit a wall on that at
https://trac.sagemath.org/ticket/21701

Francois