On Thu, Jul 6, 2017 at 12:52 AM, Volker Braun <vbraun.n...@gmail.com> wrote:
> As always, you can get the latest beta version from the "develop" git
> branch. Alternatively, the self-contained source tarball is at
> http://www.sagemath.org/download-latest.html
>
> c522ced Updated SageMath version to 8.0.rc1
> c276485 Trac #23339: Fixes to the sage-rebaseall.sh script (followup to
> #20986)
> 610bfde Trac #21399: Provide ctypes.util.find_library compatibility with
> Cygwin
> 97a8bdf Trac #23284: Testing padic_base_leaves.py takes a VERY long time
> 7de256c Updated SageMath version to 8.0.rc0

Since 2/3 of these fixes are for Cygwin, I'll just confirm that the
Cygwin builds (and, usually, the tests too) are now quite stable, at
least for me (though I've also gotten some positive feedback from
Emmanuel).

I think there are still some occasional problems with DLL rebasing,
especially in parallel builds.  I plan to work on resolving that, but
I don't think it's critical at the moment.

Thanks,
Erik