We currently build everything with
MACOSX_DEPLOYMENT_TARGET=10.9
Which is actually not OS X 10.9. The counting scheme used make
OS X 10.12 have MACOSX_DEPLOYMENT_TARGET=10.16. So that’s a number
of OS X release back.
The only way to know if it really works is to try it.

We will probably want to up that at some point. Sticking it 10.9
was due to problem with double digits.

François