> On Feb 9, 2018, at 19:32 , François Bissey <frp.bis...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> We didn’t test clang 3.7 which is what your machine is using at OS X 10.11.
> But I recognised the error as one I got in the same place when I tried a build
> with icc on linux. Yes that’s a fun bit I haven’t mentioned yet.
> You can technically try any compiler that pretends to be gcc - but only clang
> 3.8
> forward have been tested and I haven’t put in place bits for dealing with
> icc’s fun
> issues (over optimisation from icc kills pari).
> sqlite wants to use some builtins that are in gcc but identifies the compiler
> supporting
> the builtins by a series of pragma. Always risky and a bit porous in this
> case.

Thanks for this.  I have

Apple LLVM version 7.0.2 (clang-700.1.81)
Target: x86_64-apple-darwin15.6.0
Thread model: posix

Is there a fairly straight-forward way to get Apple’s clang at what you're
calling 3.8?

Justin

--
Justin C. Walker, Curmudgeon-At-Large
Institute for the Enhancement of the Director's Income