On Saturday, 12 May 2018 14:10:27 UTC+2, Jeroen Demeyer wrote:

> On 2018-05-12 10:31, Marc Mezzarobba wrote:
> > it could perhaps
> > be useful to have additional integration branches where the *reviewer*
> > would be supposed to merge a branch when setting the corresponding
> > ticket to positive review.
>
> I don't see how this would be useful. If it's not automated, it's
> regularly  going to be forgotten or wrong. Even if it would be automated
> (and therefore correct), I still don't see the use case.
>
> It might be useful for the patchbot though: I can see some merit in the
> patchbot testing a ticket against all other positively-reviewed tickets.
> But that could be done even without having a dedicated branch on Trac:
> the patchbot could easily handle this internally.

+1 to having a patchbot running the merge of running all positively reviewed
tickets.

p.s. because of the possibility of both merge conflicts, and other types of
interference
it should not literally be all positively reviewed tickets, but against an
inductively defined subset of all positively reviewed tickets that all
merge and together pass all doctests.

If something like this is introduced we should also provide some guidelines
on when and how to rebase in case of conflicts.