On 16/05/2018 10:15, Jeroen Demeyer wrote:
On 2018-05-16 10:06, Vincent Delecroix wrote:
On 15/05/2018 17:07, Volker Braun wrote:
The integration branch is going to have its history rewritten regularly.
Why is that? Shouldn't the process be simply
1. create a branch TMP = "integration branch" + "merged positive
2. if merge fails: move back ticket to needs work and go back to 1
3. if any test fails: move back ticket to needs work and go back to 1
4. set the integration branch to TMP and go back to 1
The integration branch *is* TMP. Otherwise you are just shifting the
problem from "integration branch" to TMP and people will complain that
TMP should be publicly accessible.
TMP is public! People should just not base their work on as it is
likely to be abandoned. On the other hand, people should be encouraged
to base their work on "integration" and not on "latest beta".
I think about integration as a "permanent beta" where tickets are merged
one by one.
IMHO the workflow should be:
1. create a branch integration = develop + some selection of positive
2. if merge fails: move back ticket to needs work and go back to 1 > 3. if any
test fails: move back ticket to needs work and go back to 1
4. set develop to integration and go back to
Your version is completely unclear:
* which ticket are you talking about in 2,3,4?
* "go back to 1": makes no sense. Step 1 consider "a selection
of positive review tickets" that is unspecified.
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email
To post to this group, send email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Visit this group at https://groups.google.com/group/sage-release.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.