Hello Dima,

Sorry for taking awhile to respond -- I have been away from my work 
computer. Re-installing cypari as you suggested did work. The problem 
appears to be fixed. Thank you very much for all of your help!

Best,
Mariel

On Wednesday, September 11, 2019 at 5:41:47 PM UTC+2, Dima Pasechnik wrote:
>
> On Wed, Sep 11, 2019 at 4:09 PM Mariel Supina 
> <mariel...@berkeley.edu <javascript:>> wrote: 
> > 
> > 
> > 
> > On Wednesday, September 11, 2019 at 12:18:37 PM UTC+2, Dima Pasechnik 
> wrote: 
> >> 
> >> OK, thanks, let's do more debugging of cypari: 
> >> 
> >>    cd /srv/public/shared/sage/upstream 
> >>    tar xf  cypari2-2.1.1.tar.gz 
> >>    cd cypari2-2.1.1/ 
> >> 
> >> now, start Sage's Python: 
> >> 
> >>    ../../sage -python 
> >> 
> >> and at its prompt, do 
> >> 
> >>    import autogen 
> >>    autogen.pari_share() 
> >> 
> >> 
> >> Post the result of the last 3 commands. 
> > 
> > 
> > '/srv/public/shared/sage/local/share/pari' 
> > 
> >> 
> >> 
> >> Similarly, staying at this directory, start system's Python 
> >> 
> >>     python 
> >> 
> >> and at its prompt, do 
> >> 
> >>    import autogen 
> >>    autogen.pari_share() 
> >> 
> >> Post the result of the last 3 commands. 
> > 
> > 
> > '/usr/share/pari' 
> > 
> >> 
> >> 
> ok, this is all as expected. 
>
> >> --------------- 
> >> I suspect that cypari invokes system's Python rather than Sage's 
> >> Python at this point. 
> >> 
> >> To check this, let us try putting Sage's Python 1st in the PATH and 
> >> re-run the installation of Cypari. Thus, try the following: 
> >> 
> >>     cd /srv/public/shared/sage/ 
> >>     PATH=/srv/public/shared/sage/bin:$PATH ./sage -i cypari 
> >> 
> >> and tell us whether this worked or not... 
> > 
> > 
> > This worked! 
> OK, good. At least from this point on you should be able to continue 
> building, just by 
> typing 
>
>  make 
>
> The remaining question is whether the problem is reproducible. 
> That is, what happens if you try to re-install cypari wthout the PATH 
> hack, i.e. just by 
>
>   ./sage -f cypari 
>
> Does this work? If yes, then the problem (which in this case would be 
> that the installation of Pari/GP was not ready at the point building 
> of cypai kicked in) is gone, more or less. 
>
> If it doesn't then it's a problem I cannot really pin down to anything 
> in particular, and it appears very limited in scope, i.e. I can't 
> reproduce it on other machines... 
> Anyway, 
>
>     PATH=/srv/public/shared/sage/bin:$PATH ./sage -i cypari 
>
> should allow you to proceed. 
>
> HTH 
> Dima 
>
> > 
> >> 
> >> 
> >> Thanks. 
> >> 
> >> 
> >> On Wed, Sep 11, 2019 at 10:49 AM Mariel Supina 
> >> <mariel...@berkeley.edu> wrote: 
> >> > 
> >> > Attached is the output of 
> >> > 
> >> > set 
> >> > 
> >> > On Tuesday, September 10, 2019 at 7:16:23 PM UTC+2, Dima Pasechnik 
> wrote: 
> >> >> 
> >> >> On Tue, Sep 10, 2019 at 5:30 PM Mariel Supina 
> >> >> <mariel...@berkeley.edu> wrote: 
> >> >> > 
> >> >> > On Tuesday, September 10, 2019 at 5:50:53 PM UTC+2, Dima Pasechnik 
> wrote: 
> >> >> >> 
> >> >> >> Thanks. OK, I see that you're supposed to be building Pari, 
> anyway, 
> >> >> >> amd then the rest should have worked. Strange. 
> >> >> >> 
> >> >> >> To make sure bulding Pari worked, could you do the following: 
> >> >> >> In the directory you're building Sage, 
> >> >> 
> >> >> as you are building in /srv/public/shared/sage/ everything appears 
> to 
> >> >> be in order. 
> >> >> 
> >> >> Something is telling cypari to ignore the Pari/GP already installed 
> in 
> >> >> /srv/public/shared/sage/local/ 
> >> >> and to use the system Pari/GP, which is not only incompatible, but 
> broken 
> >> >> (as /usr/share/pari/pari.desc is a part of the package, but it's 
> missing) too. 
> >> >> On the other hand I checked how cypari discovers the Pari/GP 
> installation, and 
> >> >> it appears it should work as expected. 
> >> >> 
> >> >> I cc the main authors of cypari package. 
> >> >> 
> >> >> Are you setting any environment variables by hand? No pre-set 
> SAGE_ROOT? 
> >> >> Or perhaps something 
> >> >> that you get by default, and this breaks things? 
> >> >> 
> >> >> Could you post the output of 
> >> >> 
> >> >>   set 
> >> >> 
> >> >> >  run 
> >> >> >> 
> >> >> >>   ./sage --gp --version 
> >> >> >> 
> >> >> >> and post the output. 
> >> >> > 
> >> >> > 
> >> >> >                    GP/PARI CALCULATOR Version 2.11.1 (released) 
> >> >> >            amd64 running linux (x86-64/GMP-6.1.2 kernel) 64-bit 
> version 
> >> >> >     compiled: Sep 10 2019, gcc version 6.3.0 20170516 (Debian 
> 6.3.0-18+deb9u1) 
> >> >> >                              threading engine: single 
> >> >> >                 (readline not compiled in, extended help enabled) 
> >> >> > 
> >> >> > 
> >> >> >> 
> >> >> >> Also, please post the output of 
> >> >> >> 
> >> >> >>   echo 'default(datadir)' | ./sage --gp -qf 
> >> >> > 
> >> >> > 
> >> >> >  "/srv/public/shared/sage/local/share/pari" 
> >> >> > 
> >> >> >> 
> >> >> >> Also, at the same directory, start Sage's Python by typing 
> >> >> >> 
> >> >> >>   ./sage --python 
> >> >> >> 
> >> >> >> and at the Python's prompt, type the following 2 commands: 
> >> >> >> 
> >> >> >>   from distutils.spawn import find_executable 
> >> >> >>   find_executable("gp") 
> >> >> >> 
> >> >> >> and post the output. 
> >> >> > 
> >> >> > 
> >> >> > '/srv/public/shared/sage/local/bin/gp' 
> >> >> > 
> >> >> >> 
> >> >> >> 
> >> >> >> In the same directory, run 
> >> >> >> 
> >> >> >>   ls -l local/share/pari/pari.desc 
> >> >> >> 
> >> >> >> and post the output. 
> >> >> >> 
> >> >> >> 
> >> >> > 
> >> >> > -rw-r--r-- 1 mjsupina ag_discgeom 1425197 Sep 10 14:55 
> local/share/pari/pari.desc 
> >> >> > 
> >> >> >> 
> >> >> >> ------------------------------------- 
> >> >> >> 
> >> >> >> finally, please post the output of 
> >> >> >> 
> >> >> >>   ls -l /usr/share/pari/pari.desc 
> >> >> >> 
> >> >> > 
> >> >> > ls: Zugriff auf '/usr/share/pari/pari.desc' nicht möglich: Datei 
> oder Verzeichnis nicht gefunden 
> >> >> > 
> >> >> > (Translation to English: 
> >> >> > ls: Unable to access '/usr/share/pari/pari.desc': file or 
> directory not found) 
> >> >> 
> >> >> Vielen dank, ich weiss es auch ohne deine ueberzetsung ;-) 
> >> >> 
> >> >> Could it be that German locale is breaking something? I don't 
> know... 
> >> >> 
> >> >> Dima 
> >> >> 
> >> >> > 
> >> >> >> 
> >> >> >> Thanks. 
> >> >> >> 
> >> >> >> On Tue, Sep 10, 2019 at 3:07 PM Mariel Supina 
> >> >> >> <mariel...@berkeley.edu> wrote: 
> >> >> >> > 
> >> >> >> > I have attached the output of ./configure --with-python=3. 
> >> >> >> > 
> >> >> >> > On Tuesday, September 10, 2019 at 3:53:06 PM UTC+2, Dima 
> Pasechnik wrote: 
> >> >> >> >> 
> >> >> >> >> On Tue, Sep 10, 2019 at 2:16 PM Mariel Supina 
> >> >> >> >> <mariel...@berkeley.edu> wrote: 
> >> >> >> >> > 
> >> >> >> >> > Hi, 
> >> >> >> >> > 
> >> >> >> >> > On Tuesday, September 10, 2019 at 2:51:27 PM UTC+2, Dima 
> Pasechnik wrote: 
> >> >> >> >> >> 
> >> >> >> >> >> On Tue, Sep 10, 2019 at 1:36 PM Mariel Supina 
> >> >> >> >> >> <mariel...@berkeley.edu> wrote: 
> >> >> >> >> >> > 
> >> >> >> >> >> > On Debian stretch, I get a compilation error making sage 
> 8.9.beta9. The problem is in the package "cypari", the relevant log is 
> attached: 
> >> >> >> >> >> 
> >> >> >> >> >> Are you upgrading? Building from scratch? 
> >> >> >> >> > 
> >> >> >> >> > 
> >> >> >> >> > I am building from scratch with python3. 
> >> >> >> >> > 
> >> >> >> >> >> 
> >> >> >> >> >> 
> >> >> >> >> >> The interesting line is 
> >> >> >> >> >> 
> >> >> >> >> >> error: [Errno 2] No such file or directory: 
> '/usr/share/pari/pari.desc' 
> >> >> >> >> >> 
> >> >> >> >> >> This appears to be related to 
> >> >> >> >> >> https://trac.sagemath.org/ticket/28242 
> >> >> >> >> >> Perhaps it ought to be improved. 
> >> >> >> >> > 
> >> >> >> >> > 
> >> >> >> >> > The compilation used to work fine on the machines, so that 
> could be it? 
> >> >> >> >> > 
> >> >> >> >> >> 
> >> >> >> >> >> 
> >> >> >> >> >> It looks like you're trying to use a system installation of 
> Pari/GP, rather 
> >> >> >> >> >> than build Sage's Pari. What parts of Pari (Pari-related 
> packages?) 
> >> >> >> >> >> do you have on your Debian system? 
> >> >> >> >> > 
> >> >> >> >> > 
> >> >> >> >> > The computer on which I try to compile is maintained by my 
> department's IT, so I am not completely aware of all the packages that 
> might or might not be installed. 
> >> >> >> >> > 
> >> >> >> >> > How can I figure out which pari (and which packages) are 
> installed? 
> >> >> >> >> 
> >> >> >> >> what is the output of 
> >> >> >> >> 
> >> >> >> >>   gp --version 
> >> >> >> > 
> >> >> >> > 
> >> >> >> >                   GP/PARI CALCULATOR Version 2.9.1 (released) 
> >> >> >> >           amd64 running linux (x86-64/GMP-6.1.1 kernel) 64-bit 
> version 
> >> >> >> >        compiled: Dec  1 2016, gcc version 6.2.1 20161124 
> (Debian 6.2.1-5) 
> >> >> >> >                            threading engine: pthread 
> >> >> >> >                 (readline v7.0 disabled, extended help enabled) 
> >> >> >> > 
> >> >> >> > 
> >> >> >> >> 
> >> >> >> >> 
> >> >> >> >> and of 
> >> >> >> >> 
> >> >> >> >>   echo 'default(datadir)' | gp -qf 
> >> >> >> > 
> >> >> >> > 
> >> >> >> > "/usr/share/pari" 
> >> >> >> > 
> >> >> >> >> 
> >> >> >> >> 
> >> >> >> >> And what is the output of 
> >> >> >> >> 
> >> >> >> >>   which gp 
> >> >> >> > 
> >> >> >> > 
> >> >> >> > /usr/bin/gp 
> >> >> >> > 
> >> >> >> >> 
> >> >> >> >> 
> >> >> >> >> Thanks. 
> >> >> >> >> 
> >> >> >> >> >> 
> >> >> >> >> >> 
> >> >> >> >> >> Anyhow, Pari in Stretch is too old, but you should be able 
> to use the 
> >> >> >> >> >> one from backports: 
> >> >> >> >> >> 
> >> >> >> >> >> https://packages.debian.org/stretch-backports/libpari-dev 
> >> >> >> >> > 
> >> >> >> >> > 
> >> >> >> >> > I am afraid that I do not have the rights to install libpari 
> systemwide. Hmm. 
> >> >> >> >> > 
> >> >> >> >> >> 
> >> >> >> >> >> 
> >> >> >> >> >> 
> >> >> >> >> >> Thanks 
> >> >> >> >> >> Dima 
> >> >> >> >> >> > 
> >> >> >> >> >> > Found local metadata for cypari-2.1.1 
> >> >> >> >> >> > Attempting to download package cypari2-2.1.1.tar.gz from 
> mirrors 
> >> >> >> >> >> > 
> https://mirror.koddos.net/sagemath/spkg/upstream/cypari/cypari2-2.1.1.tar.gz 
> >> >> >> >> >> > 
> [......................................................................] 
> >> >> >> >> >> > cypari-2.1.1 
> >> >> >> >> >> > ==================================================== 
> >> >> >> >> >> > Setting up build directory for cypari-2.1.1 
> >> >> >> >> >> > Finished extraction 
> >> >> >> >> >> > Applying patches from ../patches... 
> >> >> >> >> >> > Applying ../patches/trashcan.patch 
> >> >> >> >> >> > patching file cypari2/gen.pxd 
> >> >> >> >> >> > patching file cypari2/gen.pyx 
> >> >> >> >> >> > Hunk #1 succeeded at 141 (offset 6 lines). 
> >> >> >> >> >> > patching file cypari2/pari_instance.pyx 
> >> >> >> >> >> > **************************************************** 
> >> >> >> >> >> > Host system: 
> >> >> >> >> >> > Linux ural 4.9.0-9-amd64 #1 SMP Debian 4.9.168-1+deb9u4 
> (2019-07-19) x86_64 GNU/Linux 
> >> >> >> >> >> > **************************************************** 
> >> >> >> >> >> > C compiler: gcc 
> >> >> >> >> >> > C compiler version: 
> >> >> >> >> >> > Using built-in specs. 
> >> >> >> >> >> > COLLECT_GCC=gcc 
> >> >> >> >> >> > 
> COLLECT_LTO_WRAPPER=/usr/lib/gcc/x86_64-linux-gnu/6/lto-wrapper 
> >> >> >> >> >> > Target: x86_64-linux-gnu 
> >> >> >> >> >> > Configured with: ../src/configure -v 
> --with-pkgversion='Debian 6.3.0-18+deb9u1' 
> --with-bugurl=file:///usr/share/doc/gcc-6/README.Bugs 
> --enable-languages=c,ada,c++,java,go,d,fortran,objc,obj-c++ --prefix=/usr 
> --program-suffix=-6 --program-prefix=x86_64-linux-gnu- --enable-shared 
> --enable-linker-build-id --libexecdir=/usr/lib --without-included-gettext 
> --enable-threads=posix --libdir=/usr/lib --enable-nls --with-sysroot=/ 
> --enable-clocale=gnu --enable-libstdcxx-debug --enable-libstdcxx-time=yes 
> --with-default-libstdcxx-abi=new --enable-gnu-unique-object 
> --disable-vtable-verify --enable-libmpx --enable-plugin 
> --enable-default-pie --with-system-zlib --disable-browser-plugin 
> --enable-java-awt=gtk --enable-gtk-cairo 
> --with-java-home=/usr/lib/jvm/java-1.5.0-gcj-6-amd64/jre --enable-java-home 
> --with-jvm-root-dir=/usr/lib/jvm/java-1.5.0-gcj-6-amd64 
> --with-jvm-jar-dir=/usr/lib/jvm-exports/java-1.5.0-gcj-6-amd64 
> --with-arch-directory=amd64 --with-ecj-jar=/usr/share/java/eclipse-ecj.jar 
> --with-target-system-zlib --enable-objc-gc=auto --enable-multiarch 
> --with-arch-32=i686 --with-abi=m64 --with-multilib-list=m32,m64,mx32 
> --enable-multilib --with-tune=generic --enable-checking=release 
> --build=x86_64-linux-gnu --host=x86_64-linux-gnu --target=x86_64-linux-gnu 
> >> >> >> >> >> > Thread model: posix 
> >> >> >> >> >> > gcc version 6.3.0 20170516 (Debian 6.3.0-18+deb9u1) 
> >> >> >> >> >> > **************************************************** 
> >> >> >> >> >> > Package 'cypari' is currently not installed 
> >> >> >> >> >> > No legacy uninstaller found for 'cypari'; nothing to do 
> >> >> >> >> >> > Installing cypari-2.1.1 
> >> >> >> >> >> > Installing package cypari2 using pip2 
> >> >> >> >> >> > Ignoring indexes: https://pypi.org/simple 
> >> >> >> >> >> > Created temporary directory: 
> /tmp/pip-ephem-wheel-cache-EMVpJz 
> >> >> >> >> >> > Created temporary directory: /tmp/pip-req-tracker-wfmzIV 
> >> >> >> >> >> > Created requirements tracker 
> '/tmp/pip-req-tracker-wfmzIV' 
> >> >> >> >> >> > Created temporary directory: /tmp/pip-install-HkyCL2 
> >> >> >> >> >> > Processing 
> /srv/public/shared/sage/local/var/tmp/sage/build/cypari-2.1.1/src 
> >> >> >> >> >> >   Created temporary directory: /tmp/pip-req-build-MoH_HZ 
> >> >> >> >> >> >   Added 
> file:///srv/public/shared/sage/local/var/tmp/sage/build/cypari-2.1.1/src to 
> build tracker '/tmp/pip-req-tracker-wfmzIV' 
> >> >> >> >> >> >   Running setup.py 
> (path:/tmp/pip-req-build-MoH_HZ/setup.py) egg_info for package from 
> file:///srv/public/shared/sage/local/var/tmp/sage/build/cypari-2.1.1/src 
> >> >> >> >> >> >     Running command python setup.py egg_info 
> >> >> >> >> >> >     running egg_info 
> >> >> >> >> >> >     creating pip-egg-info/cypari2.egg-info 
> >> >> >> >> >> >     writing requirements to 
> pip-egg-info/cypari2.egg-info/requires.txt 
> >> >> >> >> >> >     writing pip-egg-info/cypari2.egg-info/PKG-INFO 
> >> >> >> >> >> >     writing top-level names to 
> pip-egg-info/cypari2.egg-info/top_level.txt 
> >> >> >> >> >> >     writing dependency_links to 
> pip-egg-info/cypari2.egg-info/dependency_links.txt 
> >> >> >> >> >> >     writing manifest file 
> 'pip-egg-info/cypari2.egg-info/SOURCES.txt' 
> >> >> >> >> >> >     error: [Errno 2] No such file or directory: 
> '/usr/share/pari/pari.desc' 
> >> >> >> >> >> > Cleaning up... 
> >> >> >> >> >> >   Removing source in /tmp/pip-req-build-MoH_HZ 
> >> >> >> >> >> > Removed 
> file:///srv/public/shared/sage/local/var/tmp/sage/build/cypari-2.1.1/src 
> from build tracker '/tmp/pip-req-tracker-wfmzIV' 
> >> >> >> >> >> > Removed build tracker '/tmp/pip-req-tracker-wfmzIV' 
> >> >> >> >> >> > Command "python setup.py egg_info" failed with error code 
> 1 in /tmp/pip-req-build-MoH_HZ/ 
> >> >> >> >> >> > Exception information: 
> >> >> >> >> >> > Traceback (most recent call last): 
> >> >> >> >> >> >   File 
> "/srv/public/shared/sage/local/lib/python2.7/site-packages/pip/_internal/cli/base_command.py",
>  
> line 143, in main 
> >> >> >> >> >> >     status = self.run(options, args) 
> >> >> >> >> >> >   File 
> "/srv/public/shared/sage/local/lib/python2.7/site-packages/pip/_internal/commands/install.py",
>  
> line 318, in run 
> >> >> >> >> >> >     resolver.resolve(requirement_set) 
> >> >> >> >> >> >   File 
> "/srv/public/shared/sage/local/lib/python2.7/site-packages/pip/_internal/resolve.py",
>  
> line 102, in resolve 
> >> >> >> >> >> >     self._resolve_one(requirement_set, req) 
> >> >> >> >> >> >   File 
> "/srv/public/shared/sage/local/lib/python2.7/site-packages/pip/_internal/resolve.py",
>  
> line 256, in _resolve_one 
> >> >> >> >> >> >     abstract_dist = 
> self._get_abstract_dist_for(req_to_install) 
> >> >> >> >> >> >   File 
> "/srv/public/shared/sage/local/lib/python2.7/site-packages/pip/_internal/resolve.py",
>  
> line 209, in _get_abstract_dist_for 
> >> >> >> >> >> >     self.require_hashes 
> >> >> >> >> >> >   File 
> "/srv/public/shared/sage/local/lib/python2.7/site-packages/pip/_internal/operations/prepare.py",
>  
> line 298, in prepare_linked_requirement 
> >> >> >> >> >> >     abstract_dist.prep_for_dist(finder, 
> self.build_isolation) 
> >> >> >> >> >> >   File 
> "/srv/public/shared/sage/local/lib/python2.7/site-packages/pip/_internal/operations/prepare.py",
>  
> line 126, in prep_for_dist 
> >> >> >> >> >> >     self.req.run_egg_info() 
> >> >> >> >> >> >   File 
> "/srv/public/shared/sage/local/lib/python2.7/site-packages/pip/_internal/req/req_install.py",
>  
> line 473, in run_egg_info 
> >> >> >> >> >> >     command_desc='python setup.py egg_info') 
> >> >> >> >> >> >   File 
> "/srv/public/shared/sage/local/lib/python2.7/site-packages/pip/_internal/utils/misc.py",
>  
> line 705, in call_subprocess 
> >> >> >> >> >> >     % (command_desc, proc.returncode, cwd)) 
> >> >> >> >> >> > InstallationError: Command "python setup.py egg_info" 
> failed with error code 1 in /tmp/pip-req-build-MoH_HZ/ 
> >> >> >> >> >> > Error: installing with pip2 failed 
> >> >> >> >> >> > 
> ********************************************************************************
>  
>
> >> >> >> >> >> > Error installing cypari-2.1.1 
> >> >> >> >> >> > 
> ********************************************************************************
>  
>
> >> >> >> >> >> > 
> >> >> >> >> >> > real    0m1.345s 
> >> >> >> >> >> > user    0m1.088s 
> >> >> >> >> >> > sys    0m0.184s 
> >> >> >> >> >> > 
> ************************************************************************ 
> >> >> >> >> >> > Error installing package cypari-2.1.1 
> >> >> >> >> >> > 
> ************************************************************************ 
> >> >> >> >> >> > Please email sage-devel (
> http://groups.google.com/group/sage-devel) 
> >> >> >> >> >> > explaining the problem and including the log file 
> >> >> >> >> >> >   /srv/public/shared/sage/logs/pkgs/cypari-2.1.1.log 
> >> >> >> >> >> > Describe your computer, operating system, etc. 
> >> >> >> >> >> > If you want to try to fix the problem yourself, *don't* 
> just cd to 
> >> >> >> >> >> > 
> /srv/public/shared/sage/local/var/tmp/sage/build/cypari-2.1.1 and type 
> 'make' or whatever is appropriate. 
> >> >> >> >> >> > Instead, the following commands setup all environment 
> variables 
> >> >> >> >> >> > correctly and load a subshell for you to debug the error: 
> >> >> >> >> >> >   (cd 
> '/srv/public/shared/sage/local/var/tmp/sage/build/cypari-2.1.1' && 
> '/srv/public/shared/sage/sage' --sh) 
> >> >> >> >> >> > When you are done debugging, you can type "exit" to leave 
> the subshell. 
> >> >> >> >> >> > 
> ************************************************************************ 
> >> >> >> >> >> > Found local metadata for cypari-2.1.1 
> >> >> >> >> >> > Using cached file 
> /srv/public/shared/sage/upstream/cypari2-2.1.1.tar.gz 
> >> >> >> >> >> > cypari-2.1.1 
> >> >> >> >> >> > ==================================================== 
> >> >> >> >> >> > Setting up build directory for cypari-2.1.1 
> >> >> >> >> >> > Finished extraction 
> >> >> >> >> >> > Applying patches from ../patches... 
> >> >> >> >> >> > Applying ../patches/trashcan.patch 
> >> >> >> >> >> > patching file cypari2/gen.pxd 
> >> >> >> >> >> > patching file cypari2/gen.pyx 
> >> >> >> >> >> > Hunk #1 succeeded at 141 (offset 6 lines). 
> >> >> >> >> >> > patching file cypari2/pari_instance.pyx 
> >> >> >> >> >> > **************************************************** 
> >> >> >> >> >> > Host system: 
> >> >> >> >> >> > Linux ural 4.9.0-9-amd64 #1 SMP Debian 4.9.168-1+deb9u4 
> (2019-07-19) x86_64 GNU/Linux 
> >> >> >> >> >> > **************************************************** 
> >> >> >> >> >> > C compiler: gcc 
> >> >> >> >> >> > C compiler version: 
> >> >> >> >> >> > Using built-in specs. 
> >> >> >> >> >> > COLLECT_GCC=gcc 
> >> >> >> >> >> > 
> COLLECT_LTO_WRAPPER=/usr/lib/gcc/x86_64-linux-gnu/6/lto-wrapper 
> >> >> >> >> >> > Target: x86_64-linux-gnu 
> >> >> >> >> >> > Configured with: ../src/configure -v 
> --with-pkgversion='Debian 6.3.0-18+deb9u1' 
> --with-bugurl=file:///usr/share/doc/gcc-6/README.Bugs 
> --enable-languages=c,ada,c++,java,go,d,fortran,objc,obj-c++ --prefix=/usr 
> --program-suffix=-6 --program-prefix=x86_64-linux-gnu- --enable-shared 
> --enable-linker-build-id --libexecdir=/usr/lib --without-included-gettext 
> --enable-threads=posix --libdir=/usr/lib --enable-nls --with-sysroot=/ 
> --enable-clocale=gnu --enable-libstdcxx-debug --enable-libstdcxx-time=yes 
> --with-default-libstdcxx-abi=new --enable-gnu-unique-object 
> --disable-vtable-verify --enable-libmpx --enable-plugin 
> --enable-default-pie --with-system-zlib --disable-browser-plugin 
> --enable-java-awt=gtk --enable-gtk-cairo 
> --with-java-home=/usr/lib/jvm/java-1.5.0-gcj-6-amd64/jre --enable-java-home 
> --with-jvm-root-dir=/usr/lib/jvm/java-1.5.0-gcj-6-amd64 
> --with-jvm-jar-dir=/usr/lib/jvm-exports/java-1.5.0-gcj-6-amd64 
> --with-arch-directory=amd64 --with-ecj-jar=/usr/share/java/eclipse-ecj.jar 
> --with-target-system-zlib --enable-objc-gc=auto --enable-multiarch 
> --with-arch-32=i686 --with-abi=m64 --with-multilib-list=m32,m64,mx32 
> --enable-multilib --with-tune=generic --enable-checking=release 
> --build=x86_64-linux-gnu --host=x86_64-linux-gnu --target=x86_64-linux-gnu 
> >> >> >> >> >> > Thread model: posix 
> >> >> >> >> >> > gcc version 6.3.0 20170516 (Debian 6.3.0-18+deb9u1) 
> >> >> >> >> >> > **************************************************** 
> >> >> >> >> >> > Package 'cypari' is currently not installed 
> >> >> >> >> >> > No legacy uninstaller found for 'cypari'; nothing to do 
> >> >> >> >> >> > Installing cypari-2.1.1 
> >> >> >> >> >> > Installing package cypari2 using pip2 
> >> >> >> >> >> > Ignoring indexes: https://pypi.org/simple 
> >> >> >> >> >> > Created temporary directory: 
> /tmp/pip-ephem-wheel-cache-4L98l9 
> >> >> >> >> >> > Created temporary directory: /tmp/pip-req-tracker-mosN7y 
> >> >> >> >> >> > Created requirements tracker 
> '/tmp/pip-req-tracker-mosN7y' 
> >> >> >> >> >> > Created temporary directory: /tmp/pip-install-AHSkDU 
> >> >> >> >> >> > Processing 
> /srv/public/shared/sage/local/var/tmp/sage/build/cypari-2.1.1/src 
> >> >> >> >> >> >   Created temporary directory: /tmp/pip-req-build-eMwGZT 
> >> >> >> >> >> >   Added 
> file:///srv/public/shared/sage/local/var/tmp/sage/build/cypari-2.1.1/src to 
> build tracker '/tmp/pip-req-tracker-mosN7y' 
> >> >> >> >> >> >   Running setup.py 
> (path:/tmp/pip-req-build-eMwGZT/setup.py) egg_info for package from 
> file:///srv/public/shared/sage/local/var/tmp/sage/build/cypari-2.1.1/src 
> >> >> >> >> >> >     Running command python setup.py egg_info 
> >> >> >> >> >> >     running egg_info 
> >> >> >> >> >> >     creating pip-egg-info/cypari2.egg-info 
> >> >> >> >> >> >     writing requirements to 
> pip-egg-info/cypari2.egg-info/requires.txt 
> >> >> >> >> >> >     writing pip-egg-info/cypari2.egg-info/PKG-INFO 
> >> >> >> >> >> >     writing top-level names to 
> pip-egg-info/cypari2.egg-info/top_level.txt 
> >> >> >> >> >> >     writing dependency_links to 
> pip-egg-info/cypari2.egg-info/dependency_links.txt 
> >> >> >> >> >> >     writing manifest file 
> 'pip-egg-info/cypari2.egg-info/SOURCES.txt' 
> >> >> >> >> >> >     error: [Errno 2] No such file or directory: 
> '/usr/share/pari/pari.desc' 
> >> >> >> >> >> > Cleaning up... 
> >> >> >> >> >> >   Removing source in /tmp/pip-req-build-eMwGZT 
> >> >> >> >> >> > Removed 
> file:///srv/public/shared/sage/local/var/tmp/sage/build/cypari-2.1.1/src 
> from build tracker '/tmp/pip-req-tracker-mosN7y' 
> >> >> >> >> >> > Removed build tracker '/tmp/pip-req-tracker-mosN7y' 
> >> >> >> >> >> > Command "python setup.py egg_info" failed with error code 
> 1 in /tmp/pip-req-build-eMwGZT/ 
> >> >> >> >> >> > Exception information: 
> >> >> >> >> >> > Traceback (most recent call last): 
> >> >> >> >> >> >   File 
> "/srv/public/shared/sage/local/lib/python2.7/site-packages/pip/_internal/cli/base_command.py",
>  
> line 143, in main 
> >> >> >> >> >> >     status = self.run(options, args) 
> >> >> >> >> >> >   File 
> "/srv/public/shared/sage/local/lib/python2.7/site-packages/pip/_internal/commands/install.py",
>  
> line 318, in run 
> >> >> >> >> >> >     resolver.resolve(requirement_set) 
> >> >> >> >> >> >   File 
> "/srv/public/shared/sage/local/lib/python2.7/site-packages/pip/_internal/resolve.py",
>  
> line 102, in resolve 
> >> >> >> >> >> >     self._resolve_one(requirement_set, req) 
> >> >> >> >> >> >   File 
> "/srv/public/shared/sage/local/lib/python2.7/site-packages/pip/_internal/resolve.py",
>  
> line 256, in _resolve_one 
> >> >> >> >> >> >     abstract_dist = 
> self._get_abstract_dist_for(req_to_install) 
> >> >> >> >> >> >   File 
> "/srv/public/shared/sage/local/lib/python2.7/site-packages/pip/_internal/resolve.py",
>  
> line 209, in _get_abstract_dist_for 
> >> >> >> >> >> >     self.require_hashes 
> >> >> >> >> >> >   File 
> "/srv/public/shared/sage/local/lib/python2.7/site-packages/pip/_internal/operations/prepare.py",
>  
> line 298, in prepare_linked_requirement 
> >> >> >> >> >> >     abstract_dist.prep_for_dist(finder, 
> self.build_isolation) 
> >> >> >> >> >> >   File 
> "/srv/public/shared/sage/local/lib/python2.7/site-packages/pip/_internal/operations/prepare.py",
>  
> line 126, in prep_for_dist 
> >> >> >> >> >> >     self.req.run_egg_info() 
> >> >> >> >> >> >   File 
> "/srv/public/shared/sage/local/lib/python2.7/site-packages/pip/_internal/req/req_install.py",
>  
> line 473, in run_egg_info 
> >> >> >> >> >> >     command_desc='python setup.py egg_info') 
> >> >> >> >> >> >   File 
> "/srv/public/shared/sage/local/lib/python2.7/site-packages/pip/_internal/utils/misc.py",
>  
> line 705, in call_subprocess 
> >> >> >> >> >> >     % (command_desc, proc.returncode, cwd)) 
> >> >> >> >> >> > InstallationError: Command "python setup.py egg_info" 
> failed with error code 1 in /tmp/pip-req-build-eMwGZT/ 
> >> >> >> >> >> > Error: installing with pip2 failed 
> >> >> >> >> >> > 
> ********************************************************************************
>  
>
> >> >> >> >> >> > Error installing cypari-2.1.1 
> >> >> >> >> >> > 
> ********************************************************************************
>  
>
> >> >> >> >> >> > 
> >> >> >> >> >> > real    0m1.313s 
> >> >> >> >> >> > user    0m1.084s 
> >> >> >> >> >> > sys    0m0.176s 
> >> >> >> >> >> > 
> ************************************************************************ 
> >> >> >> >> >> > Error installing package cypari-2.1.1 
> >> >> >> >> >> > 
> ************************************************************************ 
> >> >> >> >> >> > Please email sage-devel (
> http://groups.google.com/group/sage-devel) 
> >> >> >> >> >> > explaining the problem and including the log file 
> >> >> >> >> >> >   /srv/public/shared/sage/logs/pkgs/cypari-2.1.1.log 
> >> >> >> >> >> > Describe your computer, operating system, etc. 
> >> >> >> >> >> > If you want to try to fix the problem yourself, *don't* 
> just cd to 
> >> >> >> >> >> > 
> /srv/public/shared/sage/local/var/tmp/sage/build/cypari-2.1.1 and type 
> 'make' or whatever is appropriate. 
> >> >> >> >> >> > Instead, the following commands setup all environment 
> variables 
> >> >> >> >> >> > correctly and load a subshell for you to debug the error: 
> >> >> >> >> >> >   (cd 
> '/srv/public/shared/sage/local/var/tmp/sage/build/cypari-2.1.1' && 
> '/srv/public/shared/sage/sage' --sh) 
> >> >> >> >> >> > When you are done debugging, you can type "exit" to leave 
> the subshell. 
> >> >> >> >> >> > 
> ************************************************************************ 
> >> >> >> >> >> > 
> >> >> >> >> >> > 
> >> >> >> >> >> > On Tuesday, September 3, 2019 at 1:22:40 AM UTC+2, Volker 
> Braun wrote: 
> >> >> >> >> >> >> 
> >> >> >> >> >> >> As always, you can get the latest beta version from the 
> "develop" git branch. Alternatively, the self-contained source tarball is 
> at http://www.sagemath.org/download-latest.html 
> >> >> >> >> >> >> 
> >> >> >> >> >> >> 
> >> >> >> >> >> >> bdf4b23d74 (trac/develop, tag: 8.9.beta9) Updated 
> SageMath version to 8.9.beta9 
> >> >> >> >> >> >> c631202c12 Trac #28411: refresh the prompt in the 
> installation guide 
> >> >> >> >> >> >> 45482b13f0 Trac #28387: Implement function that returns 
> the balanced digit representation of an integer 
> >> >> >> >> >> >> 4454ffec0d Trac #28384: py2: UnicodeDecodeError in 
> doctest framework exception handling 
> >> >> >> >> >> >> 0c8192c3de Trac #28366: Lattice precision timing test 
> fails on Windows 7 due to low-ish clock resolution 
> >> >> >> >> >> >> 5e1b351a89 Trac #28274: EnumeratedFamily should use 
> integers as keys 
> >> >> >> >> >> >> ec9715bb88 Trac #28172: Profile of a Finite Permutation 
> Group 
> >> >> >> >> >> >> dcf58df8b5 Trac #28154: SciPy: patch for missing coding 
> lines in some source files 
> >> >> >> >> >> >> 82d75fd335 Trac #27917: Standardize doctest headers 
> >> >> >> >> >> >> 04d5aab185 Trac #25817: RuntimeError: Encountered 
> operator mismatch in maxima-to-sr translation, integrate 
> >> >> >> >> >> >> 45314bcbcf Trac #23639: Strange errors with roots() of 
> polynomials over polynomial rings 
> >> >> >> >> >> >> f29cee985f Trac #28419: new pyflakes miscellanous 
> cleanup 
> >> >> >> >> >> >> 77bddf472a Trac #28417: removed deprecated stuff in 
> integer_mod 
> >> >> >> >> >> >> c565a3aa0a Trac #28412: upgrade Pynac to 0.7.26 
> >> >> >> >> >> >> 2e47b34ab8 Trac #28408: fixing a few invalid escape 
> sequences 
> >> >> >> >> >> >> 877d26294b Trac #28407: py3: fix quantum_group_gap and 
> graph_latex 
> >> >> >> >> >> >> 3db8be3dc0 Trac #28399: remove deprecated things in 
> integer.pyx 
> >> >> >> >> >> >> 6a837c5ea6 Trac #27818: Meet-subsemilattice for lattices 
> >> >> >> >> >> >> 2920f66a0e Trac #27798: Add `backend` option to 
> associahedron and flow polytope 
> >> >> >> >> >> >> 98f3199887 Trac #27587: Follow up to #25680: Fix 
> tempfile handling in doctests 
> >> >> >> >> >> >> 0719be21c2 Trac #27473: Matrix inversion fails over a 
> Laurent series ring 
> >> >> >> >> >> >> 842a3dcd41 Trac #27444: Expose multithreaded 
> fflas-ffpack features 
> >> >> >> >> >> >> cee95e6b38 Trac #28404: Sign of hypergeometric motives 
> is sometimes wrong 
> >> >> >> >> >> >> af8bf5ead8 Trac #28400: fixing a few roles 
> >> >> >> >> >> >> 1cdf4955c6 Trac #28398: _richcmp_ for quaternion algebra 
> elements 
> >> >> >> >> >> >> abb2397287 Trac #28397: fix some wrong doctests that 
> were not run 
> >> >> >> >> >> >> 2465a9e494 Trac #28396: faster Möbius matrix for Hasse 
> diagrams 
> >> >> >> >> >> >> 4b4b5bf81b Trac #28395: Bug in is_weil_polynomial 
> >> >> >> >> >> >> 77466c5716 Trac #28393: add self-tests for polymake 
> >> >> >> >> >> >> a7f0a353e5 Trac #28391: dependencies file for jupymake 
> >> >> >> >> >> >> e7a3ec0d98 Trac #28377: polymake interface broken with 
> "non-standard" quadratic fields 
> >> >> >> >> >> >> a535670711 Trac #28339: Random failure in 
> src/sage/interfaces/expect.py 
> >> >> >> >> >> >> f34f77e4da Trac #28271: Implement LexM traversal 
> >> >> >> >> >> >> 304feb1626 Trac #28229: Generalized shifted prime 
> tableau 
> >> >> >> >> >> >> e570374675 Trac #27689: Implement is_pyramid, 
> is_bipyramid, is_prism for polytopes 
> >> >> >> >> >> >> addde7bcc7 Trac #28380: bump up the version of givaro in 
> spkg-configure.m4 
> >> >> >> >> >> >> 8f1c30f031 Trac #28403: py3: 
> crypto/block_cipher/present.py doctest failures 
> >> >> >> >> >> >> 0ae7ffa669 Trac #25727: Prevent giac from giving 
> localized output 
> >> >> >> >> >> >> 109c1bd6c1 Trac #28060: Extensions of finite fields 
> embeddings: we have inverse image but `inverse_image` throws 
> `NotImplemented` 
> >> >> >> >> >> >> 0c5c45c0cf Trac #27937: Fix for functorial construction 
> of monoid algebras 
> >> >> >> >> >> >> fee35bf412 Trac #27851: Convert sqrt(D) to UCF 
> >> >> >> >> >> >> 3b7ef2c62c Trac #27831: Small fix for is_symmetric for 
> matrices over CDF 
> >> >> >> >> >> >> 8f76f4d242 Trac #27760: Generalized Permutohedra and 
> type H4 4-uniform polytopes 
> >> >> >> >> >> >> 67de66d92d Trac #27096: Bug in Buchberger algorithm over 
> Tate algebra 
> >> >> >> >> >> >> 6b8839d39f Trac #25823: maxima segfaults on integral 
> computation 
> >> >> >> >> >> >> 4583b4056e (tag: 8.9.beta8, trac/develop) Updated 
> SageMath version to 8.9.beta8 
> >> >> >> >> >> >> 
> >> >> >> >> >> > -- 
> >> >> >> >> >> > You received this message because you are subscribed to 
> the Google Groups "sage-release" group. 
> >> >> >> >> >> > To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails 
> from it, send an email to sage-r...@googlegroups.com. 
> >> >> >> >> >> > To view this discussion on the web visit 
> https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/sage-release/78651b01-df14-4f2f-826c-d7de01833101%40googlegroups.com.
>  
>
> >> >> >> >> > 
> >> >> >> >> > -- 
> >> >> >> >> > You received this message because you are subscribed to the 
> Google Groups "sage-release" group. 
> >> >> >> >> > To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails 
> from it, send an email to sage-r...@googlegroups.com. 
> >> >> >> >> > To view this discussion on the web visit 
> https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/sage-release/71e7386e-a8bf-4a26-b446-706c65f0a91a%40googlegroups.com.
>  
>
> >> >> >> > 
> >> >> >> > -- 
> >> >> >> > You received this message because you are subscribed to the 
> Google Groups "sage-release" group. 
> >> >> >> > To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from 
> it, send an email to sage-r...@googlegroups.com. 
> >> >> >> > To view this discussion on the web visit 
> https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/sage-release/eb8f707d-4dc1-489b-9b32-a7d2dfc7011f%40googlegroups.com.
>  
>
> >> >> > 
> >> >> > -- 
> >> >> > You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google 
> Groups "sage-release" group. 
> >> >> > To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, 
> send an email to sage-r...@googlegroups.com. 
> >> >> > To view this discussion on the web visit 
> https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/sage-release/c8c72666-0ab0-4e70-9271-6e2083d37dec%40googlegroups.com.
>  
>
> >> > 
> >> > -- 
> >> > You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google 
> Groups "sage-release" group. 
> >> > To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, 
> send an email to sage-r...@googlegroups.com. 
> >> > To view this discussion on the web visit 
> https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/sage-release/744517bd-2b7c-4132-9f0c-fbefa2d0b738%40googlegroups.com.
>  
>
> > 
> > -- 
> > You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google 
> Groups "sage-release" group. 
> > To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send 
> an email to sage-r...@googlegroups.com <javascript:>. 
> > To view this discussion on the web visit 
> https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/sage-release/a9a0d305-db4c-4c51-a94b-78b16e8d962d%40googlegroups.com.
>  
>
>

-- 
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups 
"sage-release" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email 
to sage-release+unsubscr...@googlegroups.com.
To view this discussion on the web visit 
https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/sage-release/59c96f66-5f40-476e-ac63-f125cb395a36%40googlegroups.com.

Reply via email to