On 3/31/07, AlexGhitza <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> I've been trying to work with quaternion algebras in SAGE, but with
> rather mixed results.  I'm not sure whether this is due to incomplete
> implementation or just to the fact that I'm doing things the wrong
> way.

It's undoubtedly due to an incomplete and half-way documented
implementation.  About 1.5 years ago, near the beginning of SAGE,
David Kohel (fairly quickly) implemented most of what is in the
current quaternion algebra SAGE package. Much has changed in
SAGE since then, and I've done work to update the quaternion algebra
package a little, as has David.  But basically nobody has used it for
anything nontrivial *at all* until perhaps a little at the Arizona Winter School
a few weeks ago.  So the package desparately needs to get used,
have all the gaps in functionality exposed, and have them fixed.
You are the person to do that.  Go for it!!  Then send me a patch.

Personally, I very much want to implement my modular abelian variety
Tamagawa number algorithm in SAGE, and part of this requires a good
quaternion algebras package (in order to implement some variant of
Pizer's algorithm).   So I will be enthusiastic about any improvements to
the quaternions package.

 -- William