On 7/24/07, harald <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Hi William,
>
> as I have the same problem using VMWare Player 2.0 with sage-
> vmware-2.7 and Ramdin didn't reply...
>
> I've tried the Browser Appliance, and it worked allright. I've checked
> the Ubuntu and VMWare Forums, and the problem appears to be well known
> with CPUs that don't support PAE when running Ubuntu with the kernel
> in use.

Thanks for pointing this out!  I had thought we fixed the problem in
sage-vmware-2.7 by disabling acpi (which another SAGE developer
had suggested as the fix), but you're right PAE is also an issue. I
looked and the kernel image included in sage-vmware-2.7 is
some 686 SMP server image, which is probably the problem.
I'll build a new sage-vmware-2.7.1 image when I release sage-2.7.1
later today, and it will uses the i386 generic kernel instead, which
will hopefully fix this problem.

Thanks for re-reporting this.

 William