On Nov 12, 7:40 pm, rdl <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Hi,

Hello Roberto,

> I've got extremely happy when I've found out about this cool project,
> it was time that some powerful 'mathematica-like' open source package
> would see the light  :-)

:)

> I've installed successfully SAGE on my linux machine in no time but
> now I'm trying to install it on windows for my students and I'm in
> deep trouble:
>
> 1. I can't unzip correctly sage-vmware-2.8.12.zip since when
> Ubuntu.vmdk it reaches 2147483 Kb the unzipping stops claiming that
> there's no more space on the HDD  (yes, I checked and there's plenty
> of space on it  :-)
> I tried with both unzip under linux and the m$ unzipper under winblow$
> getting the very same negative results  :-(

You should try 7zip (which is open source) or a trial edition of
Winzip. Another, more likely possibility is that you have a FAT32
formatted drive which can limit file size to 2GB.

> 2. if I nevertheless try to run sage via vmware with the slightly
> shortened version of Ubuntu.vmdk then the vmware player complains
> about the size of it, claiming that it's bigger than 2Gb and that it
> does not like this at all.

That is no surprise, after all the are bits of the image missing.

> It is only me that found this odd behavior? Any hint would be very
> welcome!

I might be that you have a corrupted download, also. I would be great
if William could post some md5sum, sha sums of the images.

Cheers,

Michael