On Dec 16, 2007 11:19 PM, mabshoff
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I ran sage "-testall -long" and sage "-testall -optional" on the 2.9
> release on sage.math. While -long passed with flying colors, -optional
> had some failures in tut.tex since I didn't install some optional GAP
> database. But there are also some problems with maxima, which might

Maybe
database_gap-4.4.10
(There is also a newer version of this BTW.)

> just be fallout from the GAP failure. I will investigate, but it seems

I don't think we have (at this point) any functions which mix maxima
and GAP code.
(I wish there were and would be happy to be corrected!)

I did a sage -upgrade to 2.9 and had no serious problems but just notices that
the startup banner is missing "2.9". Is that just me?

[EMAIL PROTECTED]:~/wdj/sagefiles/sage-2.9.alpha5$ ./sage
| SAGE Version rc4, Release Date: 2007-12-16                         |
| Type notebook() for the GUI, and license() for information.        |

sage: version()
'SAGE Version 2.9, Release Date: 2007-12-16'