On May 7, 12:29 pm, "David Joyner" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

Hi David,

> Replying to my own email again, I built 3.0.1 from for the 3rd time and,
> even, though the build goes fine apparently, at starting sage from the
> command line, I get the same import error, even for the "uncorrupted"
> download.
>
> Any hints?

Does the md5sum match?

e4978d4f05528196aace3dde8b7d563b  sage-3.0.1.tar

Are you still using pbuild? It would likely be the problem. If you do
delete the directory

devel/sage/build/

Then make sure PBUILD's env variables are not defined and then run
"sage -ba"

Another common problem is a poisoned SAGE-env, i.e. make sure "env |
grep SAGE" is clean. It is also not recommended to build over an
existing build.

Please also post a link to install.log.

Cheers,

Michael