On May 7, 3:59 pm, Robert <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Hi there
>
> I tried to build 3.0.1 on Open Suse 10.2 and received an error message
>
> "
> sage: There was an error installing modified sage library code.
> "
>
> I am unsure if this is a Suse problem or Sage problem. Since I am new
> to both Suse and Sage I would appreciate any help I can get.
>
> The log file can be found at
>
> http://data.meg.uct.ac.za/~rprince/install.log
>
> Thank you and regards. Robert

Hi Robert,

the gcc you have installed [gcc version 4.1.0 (SUSE Linux)] fails with
an internal compiler error:

sage/modules/real_double_vector.c:2012: internal compiler error: in
merge_alias_info, at tree-ssa-copy.c:235

There is little Sage can do about this. You should check if SuSE
offers an updated gcc package via their standard updates. FYI: We
regularly build test on OpenSuSE 10.3 an Sage 3.0.1 works on there.

Cheers,

Michael