On Jul 15, 3:13 pm, "Alec Mihailovs" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> > I guess in the end I'm not sure what you wanted to accomplish with
> > this thread.  Are you saying that there is an individual associated to
> > the Sage project that is spamming your wiki?  Or that there is code in
> > Sage designed to spam your wiki? Or ...?
>
> First, I wanted to know if there were other similar cases known.

Any MoinMoin based wiki gets many attempts to have it defaced, that
has nothing to do with Sage. In case of the vandalism you suggested
Sage had something to do with:

 * 193.53.87.109 is from an Indian IP space
 * 78.157.143.233 is from a Latvian IP space

and I doubt anybody needs Sage to write a Spam bot in Python - if it
even were written in Python. But having posted the url here and in
other newsgroups to let people know it exists has only raise its
profile with spammers. Such is life on the internet :)

> Second, what would you do in a similar case, if say, your wiki got spammed
> with some text ending CathegoryMathematica?

Disabled automated account creation and turn on the text captcha. Just
because a spam bot uses a category X it has nothing to do with X. It
seems kind of counter productive to be associated with the culprit in
the first place. If *I* were to write a Sage spambot I would have it
claim to be MMA as a diversion tactic ;)

> Alec

Cheers,

Michael