On 02/09/2008, at 6:22, Robert Dodier <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> * sets and matrices not distinguished from lists

This is a serious defect in mathematica. It has led to me making
mistakes.

Most of your other objections were matters of taste. (I agree with
most of them but they are mostly things that sage will obviously avoid
so they aren't very instructive.)

I think the most useful thing for this discussion is to concentrate on
the things the 'big four' get right, that sage lacks.

> * lack of syntax in programming constructs

What does this mean?