On Sep 24, 5:18 am, Simon King <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Dear Team,

Hi Simon,

> on a linux machine with 4 Dual Core AMD Opteron(tm) Processor 270, I
> had some computations with Sage 3.1.1.
>
> One of them had a very long Singular sub process, and eventually I
> killed the sub process.
>
> By consequence, a massive amount (more than 20) of new Python
> processes popped up (see below for a small part of what "top" shows).

I don't see why 20 of those python jobs would pop up. Can you
reproduce it?

> Fortunately the other Sage processes on that machine have not been
> affected. Nonetheless, I wonder if this is a bug.

The output from top as is is useless since there is no information to
gain. One would at least need PPID and the command line option used to
start the python jobs. It looks like you are ending up with something
that could turn into a zombie, but since it is unclear what exactly
you did this is undebuggable as is.

> Cheers
>       Simon

Cheers,