On Dec 2, 12:56 pm, Tim Lahey <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Hi,

hi Tim,

> I was looking at a blog post on Mathematica's
> Image Processing features,
>
> http://blog.wolfram.com/2008/12/01/the-incredible-convenience-of-math...
>
> and realized that if the notebook supported the
> image input feature like Mathematica, much of
> what's in the blog post could be done in Sage?

That was discussed in the "Mathematica 7" thread and the conclusion
was that PIL (the Python image library) could do much of that
functionality. There is no reason not to include it per default in
Sage, but so far no one has started the process of doing so. I guess
it the momentum kind of died due to thanksgiving. If we merge PIL we
should also first add libjpeg to Sage and also enable gd support for
it. There is a ticket to do so, but it has gone a little stale. But
with a little work it can be done quickly even in time for Sage 3.2.2
or 3.3.

> Does anybody know how difficult that would be
> to implement?
>
> On a related Notebook note, has anybody played with
> Pyjamas (http://pyjs.org/) instead of using
> javascript directly? I've never done any javascript
> before, but I'm more familiar with Python so it
> looks like an attractive option.
>
> Cheers,
>
> Tim.

Cheers,