On Dec 11, 7:41 pm, chu-ching huang <cchu...@mail.cgu.edu.tw> wrote:
> In my case, I use some python packages that are not included in Sage.
> It is very to solve the problem to enhance the python computing over
> Sage: just create link from system to sage directory, This is possible
> to reduce disk space a little. And it is possible to upgrade
> additional packages and Sage partly. I also use such method to extend
> Maxima since some function needed in my system. Hope this can help.
>
> cch

Using Sage in a more modular fashion is possible, but you really have
to know what you are doing. Many of the components in Sage contain bug
fixes from upstream, so using system components will expose you to
subtle bugs. The only way to be reasonably sure that things more or
less work as expected is to see if your Sage passes "make check", but
even that is no guarantee that Sage will "just work".

Cheers,

Michael